If I have to cook something quickly, pizza is one of the best ideas. I like it because it never will be boring since there are endless variations on one theme.
I rapidly prepare the dough first in about 5 minutes. The quantities in the recipe is enough for one individual (medium) pizza or two small ones, so let's consider this when you will start the baking, and feel free to double or triple the quantities if it's needed.
I have two, own recipes for pizza bases: tomato and creamy sauce. These are my basic pizza sauces, but you should be creative and create your personal favourite while adding some extra ingredients.
For example, this time I added some chilli powder to the tomato sauce and replaced the simple olive oil with a special, chilli and garlic-infused olive oil since hubby loves spicy stuff. After I prepared the sauces and toppings, I put some flour on my hands then stretched the pizza dough to get a nice round shape, and placed it in the skillet, but you can use a simple baking tray too. If you want to save time, use baking paper to cover the tray.
Express Pizza Dough
- 130 g flour
- 100 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp concentrated tomato paste with
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt, garlic, oregano and basil
- Bèchamel sauce
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Grated cheese
Express Pizza Dough
- Mix the warm water, honey and yeast in a mixing bowl, and wait a few minutes until the yeast gets activated. The signs of this will be a foamy layer of yeast on top of the water.
- Add the flour, oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Use a fork to roughly mix the ingredients, then knead it into a smooth dough.
- Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes.
- Form a pizza base, be it round or rectangular, transfer it into a lined baking tray.
- Add your preferred sauce and toppings.
- Bake it in at 200 °C (fan) for 15 minutes.
- Mix the concentrated tomato paste with olive oil.
- Add a pinch of sugar, salt, garlic, oregano and basil.
- Prepare a simple Béchamel sauce based on the linked recipe.
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and grated cheese.
- Stir until the cheese melts and the sauce combines.