The Hungarian name of this dessert is 'Representative Doughnut'... but there is no official reason why. Anyways, the Hungarian Cream Puffs are a classic and popular choice for weddings, birthday parties and other family occasions. Some people like to make them huge, but I prefer if they have smaller sizes, so you can eat each in one bite.
The whole dessert is a combination of very basic pastry and cream fillings, so it could be a good practice with those basic recipes as well and don't forget the sweet reward after you finished this 'lesson'.
- Prepare the choux pastry according to the linked recipe. This time let's use an open star tip when you pipe the choux pastry.
- When you have dry and cold puff pastries, cut them in half.
- Let's fill the bottom half with a layer of pastry cream (prepare according to the linked recipe) and a layer of vanilla whipped cream.
- Place the top pastry half on the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle it with icing sugar before serving.