I cannot highlight this topic enough, but everyone should take some effort, spend about half an hour in the kitchen and prepare a proper lunch even on working days. No excuses. Do not buy ready meal meatballs at the supermarket, please... :) but try these Mediterranean Meatballs In Tomato Sauce instead!
In the beginning, the most important is to don't lose interest or motivation, so I recommend starting with quick lunch or dinner options, and when you have everyday cooking like a real habit, you can start experimenting with advanced recipes.
This dish won't let you down, so I really hope you will give and enjoy the process. For more skilled home cooks this dish will be a relaxing choice when there will be more "me time" after kitchen tasks.
- 250 g minced Angus beef
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, pressed
- 4 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme, basil, salt, pepper
- 500 ml tomato passata
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Some fresh basil leaves
- Picudo olive oil by Reinos de Taifas
- First of all, place the minced meat into a bowl, add the Parmesan, 1 clove of pressed garlic, oregano, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
- Form small meatballs with wet hands and place them on a plate.
- Pour the tomato passata into a wide pot, add the 2 cloves of pressed garlic, salt and pepper and start to cook on medium heat.
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat and add the meatballs, then cover the pot with a lid. Cook it slowly, for about 20-25 minutes.
- Finally, serve it on a pile of al dente spaghetti, grate some Parmesan on the top, add fresh basil leaves and a few drops of olive oil, and enjoy!